How to make Margarine at home?
Did you know that Flora is made with a unique blend of sunflower, and canola oil? And did you know how easy it is to make margarine spread at home?
You can make margarine at home with some basic ingredients and give it your own twist by adding fresh herbs.
- 2 tablespoons of tropical oil (e.g. coconut or palm oil)
- 3 tablespoons liquid vegetable oil (such as sunflower and canola oil)
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of carrot juice
- Add fresh herbs to taste (pepper, mint, parsley, chives and/or garlic)
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Ice water
- Add 2 tablespoons of tropical oil (hard at room temperature) in a metal bowl and let it melt over a pan filled with hot water.
- Fill a large bowl with some cold water and ice cubes.
- Put 3 tablespoons of liquid vegetable oil and water in a small bowl and place this bowl directly on the ice water. Start stirring immediately or blend it using mixer.
- Add the carrot juice and ¼ tsp mustard powder. Keep stirring until the mix starts to look creamier in appearance. Add 2 tablespoons of tropical oil to the mix and stir until the spread gets the right texture.
- Add herbs as desired.
- Allow it to set in your refrigerator and consume it within days.