Flora Thickened Plant Cream is a dairy free cream alternative that is 100% plant-based contains no palm oil and performs just like dairy cream. It is a 1:1 swap for dairy cream in all cooking, pouring, and whipping applications. Use it just like dairy cream to make dairy free whipped cream, flaky biscuits, delicious soups, and creamy pasta dishes.
Whether you’re looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your routine without sacrificing on taste or simply want to make your desserts decadent, and dairy free, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to elevate all your favorites from good to great without the dairy.
Flora Thickened Plant Cream is available in a 500ml tetra pack.
2. How does Flora Thickened Plant cream differ from dairy cream?
Flora Thickened Plant Cream is a dairy free thickened plant cream alternative that is 100% plant based.
It is made from plant milk (water and lentil protein) and a plant-based oil blend (coconut and canola oils) to create the smooth and rich taste of traditional dairy cream.
3. Is Flora Thickened Plant Cream vegan?
Yes, it's vegan.
4. Is Flora Thickened Plant Cream dairy free, soy free?
5. Is Flora Thickened Plant Cream gluten free?
Whilst we do not intentionally add gluten to our Flora Thickened Plant cream, the product has not been designed to meet the gluten free requirement of Australian standards, thus we cannot (and do not) claim ‘Gluten Free’.
6. Is Flora Thickened Plant Cream KOSHER?
Yes, the product is produced in a Kosher certified factory.
7. Is Flora Thickened Plant Cream HALAL?
Yes, the product is produced in a Halal certified factory.
8. Is it non-GMO?
Flora plant cream does not use any Genetically Modified ingredients.
9. Is it plant-based?
Yes, Flora Thickened Plant Cream is made with plant-based oils, and in fact it’s vegan, which means that the product does not contain any animal or animal-derived ingredients.
10. What are the ingredients of Flora Thickened Plant Cream?
Lentil milk (water, lentil Protein (1%)), vegetable oils (coconut, canola), sugar, modified corn starch, emulsifiers (sunflower lecithin, sugar esters of fatty acids, mono and diglycerides of fatty acids), stabilisers (guar gum, locust bean gum), natural flavourings, salt, colour (beta-carotene).
11. Can Flora Thickened Plant Cream be used like dairy cream?
Yes. This product whips, cooks, and bakes like dairy cream, but unlike dairy thickened cream our product is dairy free! It can be used in all your favourite recipes as a 1:1 swap for dairy thickened cream.
12. Is it possible to freeze Flora Thickened Plant Cream?
Flora Thickened Plant Cream should be stored in the fridge. You should not freeze Flora Thickened Plant Cream unless you’re using it to make ice cream
13. What is the shelf life of Flora Thickened Plant cream?
The shelf life is 9 months from the time it is manufactured. Each pack will state the use by date.
14. How long does the plant cream last after it’s been opened?
5 days if refrigerated between use.
15. Is the packaging resealable?
16. Should the Flora Thickened Plant Cream be whipped chilled or at room temperature?
Flora Thickened Plant Cream should always be kept chilled in the fridge. For the best whipping results, please ensure Flora Thickened Plant Cream has been chilled for at least four hours in the fridge so it is cold.
17. How many calories per serving does Flora Thickened Plant Cream have?
Flora Thickened Plant Cream contains 87 calories/362kJ per serve (30ml).
18. How long should it take to whip?
2-4 minutes depending on your mixer.
19. Can Flora Thickened Plant Cream be whipped by hand?
Flora Thickened Plant Cream can be whipped by hand, but like with dairy cream, it can take a while! We recommend using an electric beater or a cream whipper. If you do decide to whip it by hand, expect it to take up to 15 minutes to fully whip.
20. How does the performance of Flora Thickened Plant Cream compare to traditional dairy cream?
This product whips, cooks, and bakes beautifully, but unlike dairy cream our product is dairy free! It can be used in all your favourite recipes as a 1:1 swap for dairy cream.
21. What should the plant cream taste like without adding ingredients like sugar and vanilla when preparing?
Our plant cream has a very neutral taste, but it contains a small amount of sugar to replicate the natural sweetness and taste of dairy. If you are making whipped cream, we suggest adding icing sugar like you would when making whipped cream with dairy cream.
22. Can you put the plant cream in hot drinks?
We do not recommend you use Flora plant cream in hot drinks. However, you can use the plant cream to make whipped cream and top.
23. Should you shake the container before you whip it?
No. If you shake the container, it could begin to whip the plant cream in the package making it harder to pour.
24. How does Flora Thickened Plant Cream work with heat in cooking?
This product performs well when used in hot recipes. You can use it to make soups, savory pasta sauces, quiches, etc. It won't curdle in high heat, and you can even add wine or an acid like lemon juice to make sauces without any problems.
25. Can you use it to make ice cream?
Yes, it makes great ice cream.
26. Can the plant cream be frozen?
No, you should not freeze Flora Thickened Plant Cream unless you’re using it to make ice cream.
27. The lid fell off. Is the product still good to use?
The opening of the container needs to be kept covered at all times to ensure freshness. If your lid pops off, please reach out to our Careline team at email@example.com. In the meantime, please cover the opening with a piece of foil or plastic wrap tightly affixed around the opening and use within 5 days of opening.
28. What recipes can you make with Flora Thickened Plant Cream?
You can use Flora Thickened Plant Cream just as you would use dairy cream in all your delicious recipes. Use it to make dairy free whipped cream, flaky biscuits, delicious soups, and creamy pasta dishes – all with the rich and creamy taste you love, without any dairy.
29. Can Flora Thickened Plant Cream be used like dairy cream?
Yes, Flora Thickened Plant Cream cooks, bakes, and whips beautifully. You can use it as a 1:1 swap for dairy cream in all your favorite recipes without any additional measuring or recipe edits.
30. Can I recycle the Flora Thickened Plant cream packaging with the rest of my paper recycling?
Visit ARL https://recyclingnearyou.com.au/arl/ for recycling information in your community.
31. Where is Flora Thickened Plant Cream made?
It’s made in Germany.
32. Does it contain palm oil?
We do not use Palm oil in Flora Thickened Plant Cream.
33. Does Flora Thickened Plant Cream use artificial colourings?
Yes, we use nature identical beta carotene.
34. How much does Flora Thickened Plant Cream cost?
The recommended retail price for a 500ml pack of Flora Thickened Plant Cream is 6.50 AUD.