- 10 portions
- 1.5 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 medium carrots coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 150 g Flora plant based butter Lightly salted, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 30 g Flora plant based butter Lightly salted for frosting
- 60 g cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 3/4 cup icing sugar mixture sifted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced. Grease and line an 11cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in the sultanas and carrot. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the milk, Flora Plant Based Butter, eggs and orange rind together in a large jug to combine. Add to the flour mixture and fold until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix or beat the Flora Plant Based Butter, cream cheese and orange juice until smooth and creamy. Add the Icing sugar and mix until combined. Spread over the top of the cooled cake. Scatter with chopped walnuts.