15 minutes creamy salmon risoni
- 4 portions
- 40 g Flora margarine
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups dried risoni
- 1 1/4 cups liquid chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 185 g hot smoked salmon flaked into larage pieces
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to serve
- salad leaves to serve
- Melt Flora in a large, heavy-based saucepan, over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirrring, for 2 minutes. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Whisk in 1/2 the milk until combined. Whisk in remaining milk.
- Add risoni, stock and peas. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally, until the risoni is just cooked (there will be quite a bit of liquid in the pan at this stage). Remove from the heat.
- Stir in parmesan, then the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with slad leaves.