Wild Rice Salad with Rocket and Pomegranate
This fresh and healthy meal, turns a normal salad on its head.
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 5 portions
- 1 cup black rice
- 25 g Flora Plant
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g button mushrooms, wiped clean
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 25 g Flora Plant, extra, melted
- 100 g wild rocket
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cook the rice in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place the Flora Plant and garlic in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place the mushrooms on the prepared tray, season with salt and pepper and dot with the garlic butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add the pine nuts to the tray and bake for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Whisk the lemon juice, mustard and extra melted Flora Plant in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the rocket and rice and toss to combine.
- Top with the roasted mushrooms and pine nuts and scatter with the pomegranate seeds.