Recipe and image credit - Chantelle Kechebashian
- 2/3 cup plant-based spread
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250 ml Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (and 1 extra teaspoon to dust)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Mix flour and sugar in a bowl and make a well. Add spread and vanilla.
- Beat the egg before adding to the bowl. Combine the mixture well using an electric mixer. Spoon into 12 cupcake liners or muffins tins and bake for 22 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Leave to the side to cool (1-2 hours).
- Combine Flora Thickened Plant Cream with icing sugar and vanilla and whip with an electric mixer. Cover and store in the fridge.
- Using a dessert spoon, carefully scoop out a circle off the top of each cupcake, cut each of these in half and set these pieces to the side – these will be the butterfly wings. Spoon a dollop of cream into each cavity and arrange the butterfly wings using berries as the butterfly body. Lightly dust each cake with icing sugar and serve.
- This recipe will make 12 cupcakes and will keep for approximately 2 days, refrigerated in an airtight container.