Hot Chocolate Cookies
We’ve turned everyone’s favorite warm and wintery drink into a decadent sweet treat. Complete with gooey marshmallows and big chunks of chocolate, these cookies taste like a big mug of hot chocolate.
- Preparation time15 minutes
- 12 portions
- 1/2 cup vegan spread
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 small eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 2 tablespoons Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips and chunks, divided
- 60 small marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Using a hand mixer, or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat vegan spread and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, Plant Cream, and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, hot chocolate mix, flour, baking soda, salt and corn starch. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the mixture, mix until combined. Reserve ½ cup of the chocolate chips and chunks for topping the cookies and stir in the remaining.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough into 1-½ Tbsp portions onto the prepared cookie sheets. Do not flatten the dough balls. Press some of the reserved chocolate chips and chunks onto the tops of each ball.
- Bake for 8 minutes, the cookies will just be starting to spread. Remove the cookies from the oven and gently press 5 small marshmallows onto the top of each cookie. As you do this, the cookies will flatten out a bit.
- Return to the oven for another 2 minutes. The edges should appear almost done, but still a bit under-baked to ensure a soft gooey cookie.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool, serve and enjoy!