Melt and mix chocolate cake
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- ServingsNot available
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 125 g Flora Plant based butter lightly salted melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 185 g Flora Plant based butter lightly salted, for icing
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture sifted
- 1,5 tbs milk
- 270 grams dark chocolate melted and cooled
|Energy (kcal)||6815 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||28511 kJ|
|Protein (g)||64.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||849.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||823.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||611.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||26.5 g|
|Fat (g)||358.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||216.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||115.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||98.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||16.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||10.5 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||1335 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||3525 mg|
|Salt (g)||8.80 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||8855 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||1424 mg|
|Iron (mg)||39.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||2518 mg|
- Preheat oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan-forced. Grease and line a 22cm round cake pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and sugar into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the milk, Flora Plant Based Butter, eggs and vanilla together in a large jug to combine. Add to the flour mixture and fold until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, use an electric mixer to beat the Flora Plant Based Butter until smooth and creamy. Add the Icing sugar and milk and beat until combined. Beat in the chocolate until combined.
- Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally. Spread a layer of icing on one half and sandwich together. Spread the top and sides with the remaining icing.