- 1.5 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 250 grams Flora Plant based butter lightly salted melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- food colouring
- 1.25 cups icing sugar mixture sifted
- 1 tbs milk
- various cake decorations and sprinkles
|Energy (kcal)||4172 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||17449 kJ|
|Protein (g)||40.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||520.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||514.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||371.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.3 g|
|Fat (g)||220.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||134.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||69.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||58.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||10.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||8.2 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||983 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||2799 mg|
|Salt (g)||7.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||7101 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||1116 mg|
|Iron (mg)||11.69 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||660 mg|
- Preheat oven to 180 ˚C /160 ˚C fan-forced. Line 12 muffin pans (⅓ cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the Flora Plant Based Butter, vanilla, eggs and milk and whisk until combined.
- Divide the mixture among 4 bowls. Add 1-2 drops of food colouring to each bowl (a different colour in each) and gently mix until just combined.
- Divide evenly among the prepared pans by placing a spoon of each colour into each paper case. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 cake comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, use an electric mixer to beat the Flora Plant Based Butter until smooth and creamy. Add the Icing sugar and milk and beat until combined. Tint with colouring as desired.
- Decorate by spreading or piping the icing onto cooled cupcakes.