Goes great with Flora spread
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 12 portions
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup ground natural almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
Preparation (for 12 portions) for banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and grease a 19 x 9cm loaf tin.
- Place flours, almonds, baking powder, bicarb and caster sugar into the bowl of a mixer such as a Kenwood or Kitchenaid. Mix on low speed for about 1 minute, to combine. If using a hand beater, mix the dry ingredients using a wire whisk until evenly blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla and melted Flora. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in milk and bananas by hand.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out cleanly. Cool in the tin. Keeps for up to 1 week in the fridge, freezes beautifully. Great toasted.