Gluten-Free Apple and Rhubarb Crumble
A delicious gluten free alternative to a traditional dessert.
- Preparation time25 minutes
- 6 portions
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 bunch rhubarb (500 g), trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free white self raising flour
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 50 g Flora Plant
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced. Combine the apples, lemon juice, sultanas, sugar, cinnamon and water in a medium saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 min until apple is tender. Add rhubarb cook, covered, for a further 5 min to soften rhubarb. Pour into a 5-cup capacity oven proof dish.
- Use your fingers to combine the brown sugar, flour, almonds and Flora Plant in a bowl. Crumble over the filling and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.