Creamy Porcini Mushroom Pasta
Recipe and image credit - Monika Bonk
- 150ml Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- 200g pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 150 brown cup mushrooms (sliced)
- fresh parsley
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- olive oil
- Prepare porcini mushroom by placing them into a heatproof jug, then poor in boiling water and set aside for 15-20 minutes to rehydrate the mushrooms.
- Boil pasta as per packet instructions. When pasta is ready reserve approx 50ml of pasta water and set aside. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a pan and cook until fragrant on medium low fire.
- Add sliced brown cup mushrooms and allow them to cook for about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the porcini mushrooms from water and cut them finely.
- Add the porcini mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on low fire.
- Next stir in Flora Thickened Plant Cream to the mushroom sauce. Then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once combined add pasta to the sauce, pour the pasta water in and stir on low fire until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with finely cut parsley and serve.