Penne alla vodka*
*18+. Always drink responsibly.
- Preparation time10 minutes
- 5 portions
- 3 cups dry penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon vegan spread
- 1/2 cup chopped brown or white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 470ml Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Melt the vegan spread in a pan over moderate heat. Add onions and garlic. Cover and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and chili flakes. Cook until the tomato paste starts to lightly brown.
- Add the vodka and stir well - scraping any bits of browned tomato paste from the bottom of the pan. Cook the mixture over high heat until the liquid is reduced by about half to concentrate the flavours.
- Add the Flora Thickened Plant Cream and water, and stir to incorporate the tomato paste evenly. Bring to a simmer.
- Toss in cooked pasta. Add vegan parmesan, salt, and fresh basil. Serve immediately.