Miso Caramel Popcorn
For a quick healthy snack, try this delicious popcorn treat!
- Preparation time10 minutes
- 8 portions
- 60 g Flora Original
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp dried, ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g Flora Original, extra
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup white (shiro) miso
- Preheat oven to 140˚C/120˚C fan-forced. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Melt the Flora Original in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the popping corn, cover and cook until it stops popping, shaking the pan regularly during cooking to prevent burning. Remove from pan.
- Combine spices, bi-carb soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Put the extra Flora Original, sugar, golden syrup and miso in same large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, whisking until the mixture becomes smooth and glossy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spice mixture. Immediately add popcorn and stir until well coated. Pour onto prepared baking trays and spread to a single layer.
- Bake for 40 mins, stirring halfway through cooking. Cool completely and use your hands to break up before serving.