Banana and Blueberry Loaf
A great snack that the whole family can enjoy.
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 10 portions
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g coconut yoghurt (or other vegan yoghurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed (approx. 1/2 cups)
- 80 g Flora Plant, melted
- 125 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
|Energy (kcal)||170 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||712 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||34.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||32.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||15.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.2 g|
|Fat (g)||2.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||238 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.59 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||22 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||3.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||81 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.29 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||164 mg|
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced. Grease and line an 11cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the yoghurt, vanilla, bananas and Flora Plant together in a large jug to combine. Add to the flour mixture and fold until just combined (don’t overmix). Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.