Moroccan Spiced Quinoa Balls
You've heard of energy balls, but these savoury snacks are perfect for those 3pm cravings!
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 24 portions
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 25 g Flora Original
- 1/2 cup (125 g) tri-coloured quinoa
- 2 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- mixed sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on the prepared tray. Sprinkle with ras el hanout, salt and pepper and dot with the Flora Original. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa. Put in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to simmer, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook 12-15 min until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and stand, covered for 5 mins.
- Mash sweet potato and stir in quinoa, mint, lemon rind and lemon juice. Using damp hands, roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Then roll in sesame seeds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.