Spiral vegie quiche
- 8 portions
- 200 g carton creme fraiche
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) thickened cream
- 70 g (1 cup) shredded chilli pecorino or chilli cheddar (see notes)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 10 filo pastry sheets
- 80 g Flora margarine melted
- 470 g (about 4) zucchini peeled into ribbons
- 350 g (about 4) carrots peeled into ribbons
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Combine the crème fraîche, cream, chilli pecorino, eggs and chives in a jug. Season. Pour into a 5cm-deep, 24.5cm round ovenproof dish.
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a work surface. Brush with a little melted Flora. Top with another filo sheet. Repeat with 3 more filo sheets and Flora to form a stack. Cut stack crossways into eleven 3.5cm-thick strips. Repeat with the remaining filo and Flora (you should have 22 filo strips).
- Top 1 filo strip with a few zucchini strips, overlapping to cover. Repeat, topping with the carrot strips. Roll the vegetable and filo strip into a spiral and place in the centre of the crème fraîche mixture. Repeat with the remaining filo strips, zucchini and carrot, adding each new strip to the spiral in the centre to build out until you reach the edge of the dish. Bake for 1 hour or until golden and set in the middle. Serve at room temperature.