Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
A showstopper on any holiday party table, this chocolate turtle cheesecake comes together beautifully with Flora Buttery.
- Cooking time1 hour 0 minutes
- Preparation time15 minutes
- 18 portions
- 2 cups ground Up chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Flora buttery spread, melted
- 400 grams soft caramels
- 150 ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 500 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
|Energy (kcal)||3412 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||14277 kJ|
|Protein (g)||7.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||50.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||48.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||38.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.2 g|
|Fat (g)||362.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||80.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||268.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||117.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||150.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||65 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||182 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.45 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||20467 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||222 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.30 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||412 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan.
- Combine wafer crumbs and melted Flora. Press into bottom and up sides of springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels with evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pour over crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour over pecan layer, dollop with melted chocolate and then swirl to marble.
- Bake 50 minutes or until firm on top.
- Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan. Cool cheesecake completely on wire rack, then remove rim. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or maraschino cherries, if desired.