Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
A showstopper on any holiday party table, this chocolate turtle cheesecake comes together beautifully with Flora Buttery.
- Cooking time1 hour
- Preparation time15 minutes
- 18 portions
- 2 cups ground Up chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Flora buttery spread, melted
- 400 grams soft caramels
- 150 ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 500 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan.
- Combine wafer crumbs and melted Flora. Press into bottom and up sides of springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels with evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pour over crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour over pecan layer, dollop with melted chocolate and then swirl to marble.
- Bake 50 minutes or until firm on top.
- Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan. Cool cheesecake completely on wire rack, then remove rim. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or maraschino cherries, if desired.