Gooey Eggnog Plant Butter Cake
Ooey gooey and oh so delicious, this is going to be your new go-to holiday tradition. The topper? Our NEW Flora Thickened Plant Cream that really does whip to perfection.
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 15 portions
- 1 package yellow or vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegan spread
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese alternative
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups prepared canned coconut custard
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Lightly grease a 23cm x 33cm baking pan with vegan spread or line with baking paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cake mix and ½ cup spread until no lumps remain. Press evenly into the bottom and sides of the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat vegan cream cheese alternative and sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add prepared canned coconut custard, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat until smooth. Slowly beat in melted spread, vanilla and rum extract (optional).
- Pour the mixture over the cake base. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cake is almost set. The cake will be a little jiggly when moved.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes. Serve warm or chilled with whipped Flora Thickened Plant Cream and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.