Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage, Walnuts and Burnt Butter
Enjoy this delicious pasta dish as the perfect comfort food!
- Preparation time40 minutes
- 4 portions
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 300 g jap pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 40 g Flora Plant
- 275 g packet gow gee wrappers *
- 100 g Flora Plant, extra
- 10 g fresh sage, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
|Energy (kcal)||262 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1098 kJ|
|Protein (g)||8.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||49.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||47.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.2 g|
|Fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||6 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||435 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.09 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||4565 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||60 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||303 mg|
- Preheat oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the onion on one side of the prepared tray. Sprinkle with the sugar and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Place the pumpkin on the other side of the prepared tray with the garlic. Season the onion and pumpkin with salt and pepper and dot with the Flora Plant. Bake for 30-40 mins or until pumpkin is very soft and onion is caramelised.
- Transfer the onion, pumpkin and any juices to a bowl and mash with a fork to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Lay half of the gow gee wrappers in a single layer on a clean work surface. Top with a heaped teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture and using your finger, brush the edges with a little water. Top with another gow gee wrapper and press the edges together to enclose the filling.
- Cook half the ravioli in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Return the water to boil and repeat with the remaining ravioli.
- Meanwhile, melt the extra Flora Plant in a large frypan over medium-high heat for 5 min or until golden. Add the sage and walnuts and cook for a further 1 minute, swirling to combine. Top the ravioli with the butter sauce to serve.
*Be sure to check the ingredients of the Gow Gee Pastry Wrappers as some brands may contain egg.