Polenta Chips with Rosemary Salt
A great addition to your next party or for a weekend snack!
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 5 portions
- 2 cups (500 ml) unsweetened rice milk
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup polenta
- 20 g Flora Plant
- 50 g Flora Plant, extra, for frying
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- pepper to taste
|Energy (kcal)||28015 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||117189 kJ|
|Protein (g)||151.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||5484.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||5324.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||3395.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||160.2 g|
|Fat (g)||512.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||137385 mg|
|Salt (g)||343.46 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||113 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||374 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.21 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||75 mg|
- Line a 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the rice milk, vegetable stock and water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Slowly pour in the polenta, continuously stirring until the mixture begins to simmer. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly until mixture is thick and creamy and grains are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Flora Plant until melted. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Meanwhile, to make the rosemary salt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Turn the polenta onto a clean board and thinly slice crosswise into 1cm thick strips, then halve down the middle to form chips.
- Melt extra Flora Plant in a large frypan. Cook the chips in 2 batches for 5 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the chips scattered with rosemary salt.