Polenta Chips with Rosemary Salt
A great addition to your next party or for a weekend snack!
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 5 portions
- 2 cups (500 ml) unsweetened rice milk
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup polenta
- 20 g Flora Plant
- 50 g Flora Plant, extra, for frying
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- pepper to taste
- Line a 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the rice milk, vegetable stock and water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Slowly pour in the polenta, continuously stirring until the mixture begins to simmer. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly until mixture is thick and creamy and grains are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Flora Plant until melted. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Meanwhile, to make the rosemary salt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Turn the polenta onto a clean board and thinly slice crosswise into 1cm thick strips, then halve down the middle to form chips.
- Melt extra Flora Plant in a large frypan. Cook the chips in 2 batches for 5 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the chips scattered with rosemary salt.