Chocolate chip scones
Recipe and image credit - Jo Helm
- 3/4 cup of Flora Thickened Plant Cream plus a little extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the Flora Thickened Plant Cream and lemon juice in a small bowl, then set aside for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Stir in the butter and reserved plant cream and lemon juice mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Knead the dough and then shape it into a circle and slightly flatten. Cut the dough into 8 even pieces. Transfer scones onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush tops of biscuits generously with Flora Thickened Plant Cream.
- Bake in fan forced oven for 12-13 minutes, or until scones are nicely golden brown.
- Serve with Flora Thickened Plant Cream(Whipped) and jam!