Easter Carrot Cake
Nothing quite says Easter more than this Easter Carrot Cake recipe. One of the moreish delights of the season, it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser – just make sure your family dig in before the Easter bunny does!
- Preparation time45 minutes
- 12 portions
- 250 grams Flora melted
- 4 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 grams light brown soft sugar
- 200 grams carrots, coarsely grated
- 300 grams self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed cake spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 40 grams Flora
- 100 grams cheese
- 175 grams icing sugar
- 10g pistachios, chopped 10 gram pistachio, chopped
- White and pink ready to roll icing
- 1/2 orange
- Small handful of chives small handful of chives
- Preheat heat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease and line the base of an 8” deep sided cake tin.
- In a large bowl combine the melted Flora, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar. Stir in the grated carrot followed by the flour, baking powder and spices and mix until even.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 55 minutes until springy to the touch and a skewer when inserted comes away clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting beat together the Flora and cream cheese, add the icing sugar and beat well. Spread over the top of the cake and scatter over the chopped pistachios.
- To make the bunny roll a large ball of white ready to roll icing for the body and set into the centre of the frosting. Shape and add 2 small bunny feet and a small ball for the tail. Add the pink pads to the balls of the feet with a little pink ready to roll icing.
- Remove the orange peel from ½ an orange and cut into small circles, approx. 1” in diameter. With scissors cut out ¼ of each circle. Add 3-4 chives to the centre of the circle and curve the orange back together to form the carrot top.
- Place the carrot tops around the bunny.