Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Rich & creamy cheesecake that your family will love. The salted caramel sauce is perfected with Flora Thickened Plant Cream and will have you enjoying it down to the last bite.
- Preparation time15 minutes
- 24 portions
- 1 1/4 cup plain sweet biscuits crumbs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup vegan spread
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces vegan cream cheese alternative, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Flora Thickened Plant Cream
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan spread, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Flora Thickened Plant Cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
For the whipped Country Crock® Plant Cream topping:
- 2 cups chilled Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sweet biscuits crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and melted spread. Mix well until combined.
- Divide evenly among 24 regular sized muffin tins (*lined with cupcake liners) and press down firmly. Chill while filling is being prepared.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and vanilla and Flora Thickened Plant Cream. Blend until creamy.
- Combine the pumpkin mixture with the cream cheese mixture; blend until smooth.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of filling into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until centres are set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours or until ready to serve.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- While the pumpkin cheesecakes are chilling, begin making your salted caramel sauce. Heat granulated sugar in a medium heavy-duty saucepan (avoid using non-stick) over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn it.
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately stir in the vegan spread until melted and combined. Be careful in this step because the caramel will bubble rapidly when the spread is added. If the spread begins separating or if the sugar clumps up, remove from heat and vigorously whisk to combine it again. Keep whisking until it comes back together, even if it takes 3-4 minutes. Return to heat when it’s combined again.
- After the spread has melted and combined with the caramelized sugar, cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Gently stir in 1/2 cup Flora Thickened Plant Cream. After all the cream has been added, stop stirring and allow to boil for 1 minute. It will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to slightly cool down before using. Caramel will thicken as it cools.
- Cover tightly and store for up to 1 month in the refrigerator. Caramel will solidify in the refrigerator.
- When ready, reheat in the microwave or on the stove to desired consistency to pour on top of the pumpkin cheesecakes.
Instructions for the Vegan Whipped Cream Topping
- Pour chilled Flora Thickened Plant Cream, sugar and vanilla into a chilled mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, mix for 5-6 minutes until it becomes fluffy.
- Refrigerate until ready to pipe onto the pumpkin cheesecakes.
- Remove pumpkin cheesecakes from the refrigerator and drizzle with salted caramel sauce. The top with a dollop of Flora Thickened Plant Cream and serve.
Country Crock® Plant Cream must be well chilled before whipping. Pro tip: chill the bowl in the refrigerator or freezer before you whip the Plant Cream.