Thai Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
This hearty vegie packed curry is a great weeknight dinner that the whole family can enjoy.
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- 2 portions
- 40 g Flora Plant
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 20 g fresh coriander, leaves reserved, stems finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbs Thai red curry paste *
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, scrunched
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 400 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tbs peanuts, coarsely chopped
- steamed rice and lime wedges, to serve
|Energy (kcal)||578 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2415 kJ|
|Protein (g)||12.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||26.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||21.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||9.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.8 g|
|Fat (g)||51.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||38.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1073 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.68 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||6259 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||76.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||349 mg|
|Iron (mg)||8.89 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1114 mg|
- Melt the Flora Plant in a large deep frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, coriander stems, garlic and ginger for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots and cook covered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and snow peas and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve the curry over rice, scattered with peanuts, coriander leaves and a lime wedge.
*Be sure to check the ingredients of the Thai red curry paste, as some brands may contain fish sauce or shrimp paste.