Pulled Jackfruit Burgers with Coleslaw
These Jackfruit burgers are an easy way to diversify your weekly dinners !
- Preparation time20 minutes
- 2 portions
- 40 g Flora Original
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g can jackfruit drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup smokey barbecue sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns, halved
- 20 g Flora Original, extra
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Melt the Flora Original in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, garlic and paprika for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the jackfruit, BBQ sauce, sugar and water and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly to break down the jackfruit. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the coleslaw ingredients and toast the buns under a hot grill. Spread the toasted buns with extra Flora Original.
- To serve, fill the buns with the pulled jackfruit and coleslaw.